Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Book Review: L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad



Ok! This isn't makeup related but, I just wanted to do a review on Lauren Conrad's FIRST novel called L.A. Candy. I'm a big fan of Lauren Conrad so I just had to have this book! I didn't know what it was about or anything, I bought it just becaus her name was on it! LOL!But, I've followed her through Laguna Beach and I religiously watched The Hills when it was on TV and even when it wasn't thanks to mtv.com for letting us watch free episodes online!
Before I read the book, I knew that it was going to be about her life as a reality tv star, but she had the changed the names of the characters in the book. So, it's about 2 girls named Jane Roberts and Scarlett Harp. The main character is Jane. Instead of moving from Laguna Beach to Los Angeles, the two girls move from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles. As I read the book I pictured Lauren and Heidi in my head as Jane and Scarlett. The other characters were Braden, Jesse, Gaby, and Madison. It was fun trying to figure out who these characters were on The Hills.
I liked how she described how it was like to be on a reality tv show, how they have to set up the lighting, set up the scene, and everything before they actually shoot. And she also mentions in the book that one of the producers (I think) had texted her to repeat what she had said because the cameras didn't get or the mics didn't catch it or something. It's really interesting. She, Jane, actually talked about how it was kind of weird at first to be just sitting there and have the cameras around you. I'd feel extremely awkward if I was being filmed just hanging out with my friends, lol. I didn't really like Gaby and Madison. I didn't care too much for them, to me, it seemed like they were just there, lol.Ok, the ending was a little weird to me.. I didn't really like the way the book ended.
Overall, it's a pretty good book. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I give this book a 9. :) If you're a fan of Lauren Conrad, if you like The Hills, Laguna Beach, I recommend reading this book.
Now, there is a BOOK TWO coming out in February, I believe (check Lauren Conrad's twitter).. so book two should definitely clear up the ending for me. lol
:) Hope this was helpful!
-------------
Links:
Credits to barnesandnoble.com for the picture.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! I love Lauren too. She to me is one of the most REAL people on reality TV. Definitly respect worthy! Im gonna pick this up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! :) Let me know what you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover of this book a lot. So very LC///
    thanks for the review...i will pic the book n read at least once....

    ReplyDelete